Recipe by Chef Trevor Simms, harbourstone sea grill + pourhouse
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
8 cherry tomatoes
30g leeks, julienned
80g cooked lobster meat
30g shaved asiago cheese
340g cooked tagliatelle pasta
FOR THE SAUCE
250 ml 35% heavy cream
60g sundried tomatoes, hydrated, chopped
30g Riverview Herbs basil pesto
Salt and pepper to taste
METHOD FOR SAUCE
In a medium saucepan, bring cream to a light boil. Gently simmer and reduce 2-3 minutes. Add sundried tomatoes and pesto. Mix well, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Make the sun dried tomato and pesto sauce and set aside.
- Heat a medium-large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and vegetable oil to pan and, once sizzling, add scallops and shrimp allowing to cook approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cook 1-2 minutes or until blistered. Lower heat to medium.
- Add leeks and lobster, cooking 1-2 minutes until leeks have softened.
- Add prepared sauce and heat through. Toss with hot cooked pasta and garnish with shaved asiago cheese.