Recipe by Mary Ellen Planetta, Elle’s Bistro
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 can of evaporated milk
1 cup broth of your choice
2 cups yellow cheddar, grated
2 cups jalapeño Havarti, grated
1 cup Monterey Jack, grated
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook macaroni 5-6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, combine butter, flour, dry mustard, onion powder, and garlic powder. Cook 1-2 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add evaporated milk and broth to a pot and bring to a boil, whisking frequently.
- Remove pot from heat and add cheese ¼ cup at a time, stirring until smooth.
- Add macaroni to pot, mix well to combine, pour into 9×13 oven-safe casserole dish and place under preheated broiler for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh cracked pepper and serve with garlic bread.