Event Logistics Manager
Menu Info and Accounting
Public Health Inspector
Event name: Delish – An Epicurean Soirée
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2019 (the day before Easter long weekend)
Time: 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. (doors unofficially open early at 6:30 p.m.)
Location: Halifax Marriott Harbourfront
Address: 1919 Upper Water Street, Halifax
David Jones is our Event Logistics Manager. He will be in touch regarding load-ins and set-up.
A single-use parking pass will be given to each vendor by David Jones at load-in. Additional parking is available at your expense. If you require it, please consider using the parking at Purdy’s Wharf or the Casino.
The loading dock is most easily reached by following Upper Water Street in front of the Casino to its southern end and the loading dock will be on your left.
Right-click and open the image in new tab
Load-in time is between 2:00 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. Each vendor will be allocated 15 minutes at the loading dock and will be provided with an escort. Hotel dollies are available for use, however, bringing your own collapsible dolly could prove useful.
David Jones (email@example.com) will set up and confirm your load-in schedule.
David Jones will be in contact you regarding the following:
Tents are not permitted at this event, as there is only one position for a tent at this event and it has been allocated already.
Please complete the following Allergy Information Form by April 4th, 2019. Here is the link: https://goo.gl/forms/ijpZJWCfYLwOSh3g1
We will provide a menu sign for your table. We will also supply an allergy ingredients booklet, which will be made available to guests upon request.
You will be receiving an email regarding final guest numbers from Alexander Henden on Sunday, April 14. If you don’t see this email Monday (Apr 15) morning, contact Alexander Henden – firstname.lastname@example.org
The door opens at 6:30 p.m. Be ready for service by 6:15 p.m.
Vendors and crew will require event wristbands to enter and exit the event. No exceptions.
The maximum number of people at each vendor table is 4. If you require more servers, you must get authorization from Alexander Henden prior to the event.
You are required to have at least one person attending to your table at all times.
The event continues to 10:00 p.m. Please do not begin to breakdown and pack your gear until that time unless permission is obtained from David Jones or Alexander Henden.
For load-out, you will be guided and assisted by our volunteer team lead by David Jones. More details will be provided at the event.
Event organizers and hotel staff will be checking with you periodically throughout the evening to see how things are going. Please make sure to communicate your needs with them.
For the purposes of invoicing, restaurants are to take the final guest number and multiply it by $1.75. Then add HST.
Make your invoice out to: Local Connections Publishing, 2131 Maitland St Halifax, NS B3K 2Z8 and email it to Yuko email@example.com any time after the day of the event. You will receive your payment within a week.
New vendors will receive a message from Yuko firstname.lastname@example.org to collect your banking info for enabling electronic funds transfer. This is how Curated pays the event participants. Invoices should also be emailed to Yuko.
1. Wait for an email from David Jones to get your load-in schedule. He will also ask for your event supply needs (e.g., electrical power)
2. FIll out the online Allergy Info Form for every item you are planning to serve at the event by April 4th, 2019. Here is the link: https://goo.gl/forms/ijpZJWCfYLwOSh3g1
3. We will provide the serving table, table cloth, 2 prep tables, menu sign and a booklet with all the ingredients listed. Make sure the booklet is accessible by the event guests. Leave the menu sign and the ingredients booklet on the table at the end of the event.
4. The maximum number of people at each vendor table is 4. If you require more, you must get authorization from Alexander Henden prior to the event.
5. Expect NS Food Safety personnel prior to conduct inspections prior to opening the event (5:30 pm – 6:30 pm). Be familiar with food preparation & handling requirements.
6. You must supply your own hand washing stations in the booth which must be available at all times (stocked with: water supply with spigot, liquid soap, paper towel and a waste receptacle).
7. Bring your own surface sanitizer to clean and sanitize your station.
8. NS Food Safety is requiring that one person at your booth hold a current Food Safety Training Certificate. Bring proof of your certificate.
9. If you failed to comply with the requests above, you will be required to shut down your booth and depart. You may also not be compensated for the food you had prepared but were unable to distribute due to regulatory non-compliance.
10. Invoice Local Connections Publishing, 2131 Maitland St Halifax, NS B3K 2Z8 after April 18. Email it to Yuko email@example.com