Event Logistics Manager
Data and Accounting
Event name: East Coast Cider Festival
Date: Saturday, June 15, 2019
Afternoon Session: 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. (doors unofficially open early at 12:45 p.m.)
Evening Session: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. (doors unofficially open early at 5:45 p.m.)
Location: Multipurpose Room – The Halifax Forum
Address: 6217 Young Street, Halifax
David Jones is our Event Logistics Manager. He will be in touch regarding load-ins and set-up.
Parking is available for each vendor. David Jones will be in touch regarding the size, type & number of vehicles you will be bringing. If you need overnight parking (Friday or Saturday), make sure to tell David.
The venue is located on the corner of Windsor St and Young St. The dock is located at the back of the building. See picture below.*
Load-in time is between 9:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Each vendor will be allocated 15 minutes at the loading dock and volunteers are available to help. Bring your own dolly.
David Jones (email@example.com) will set up and confirm your load-in schedule.
Each booth will be provided with 2 x 6′ undraped banquet tables. You will have close access to fresh rinse water and a waste water tub. Bring your own rinse-water jug.
David Jones will be in contact you regarding the following:
We have a limited number of spaces that will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. Make sure to let David know if you want to bring a 10” x 10” canopy for your booth.
Drink list signage is not provided for this event. Please bring your own. You are also encouraged to bring brand signage and other promotional materials for your booth area. Signage needs to be free-standing (e.g., popup banners) or attached to the serving tables.
While we are not providing drink list signage, we still post your drink list on our website. Submit a list of products that you’re planning to serve by
The door opens at 12:45 p.m. and at 5:45 p.m. Make sure all of your team members are at your table and ready for service by 12:30 p.m and by 5:30 p.m.
Vendors will require event wristbands to enter and exit the event. No exceptions.
The maximum number of people at each vendor table is 4 per session. If you require more servers, you must get authorization from Alexander Henden prior to the event. We are trying to avoid over capacity here.
The wifi connection at Forum is not adequate. If you’re planning to sell your products and wish to use a credit card terminal, you must have your own internet connections.
For load-out, you will be guided and assisted by our volunteer team lead by David Jones. More details will be provided at the event.
We will take care of sampling permits so you don’t need to apply. We are also allowing all Nova Scotia vendors to sell their closed bottles/cans between 4:00-4:30 p.m and between 9:00-9:30 p.m. Unfortunately, vendors from outside Nova Scotia cannot sell their products due to the sampling permit restrictions.
We need from you the proof of liability insurance certificate. Please forward the following info to your insurance agent:
Please have your insurance broker email the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, June 3, 2019.
Collect one ticket per sample and hand them over to any one of our volunteers before you leave the venue. You will receive an email from Yuko detailing your compensation within a week of the event.
Once you receive a message from Yuko, email her your invoice at email@example.com Make your invoice out
New vendors will receive a message from Yuko firstname.lastname@example.org to collect your banking info for enabling electronic funds transfer. This is how Curated pays the event participants.
1. Wait for an email from David Jones to get your load-in schedule. He will also ask for your event supply needs (e.g., electrical power)
2. Bring your own rinse-water jug.
3. We are not providing drink list signage for this event. Please bring your own.
4. Submit a list of products (to be posted on the Curated website) that you’re planning to serve by filling out this online form: https://goo.gl/forms/auvA9kuCsD2Y5BeA3
5. The maximum number of people at each vendor table is 4. If you require more, you must get authorization from Alexander Henden prior to the event.
6. Make sure all of your team members are at your table and ready for service by 12:30 and by 5:30 p.m. We won’t let anyone enter the venue without a wristband.
7. The wifi connection at Forum is not adequate. If you’re planning to sell your products and wish to use a credit card terminal, you must have your own internet connections.
8. Email the proof of liability insurance certificate, naming Local Connections as additionally insured, to email@example.com
9. The Market: You are invited to sell your closed bottles/cans between 4:00-4:30 p.m and between 9:00-9:30 p.m. No sampling is allowed during these half-hour periods. Vendors from outside Nova Scotia cannot participate in the market activities.
10. If you failed to comply with the request above, you will be required to shut down your booth and depart.
11. Invoices should be addressed to Local Connections Publishing, 2131 Maitland St Halifax, NS B3K 2Z8 and emailed to Yuko firstname.lastname@example.org