Recipe by Chef Michael Dolente, The Carleton
- 4 Chicken legs, drumsticks and thighs separated
- 1 Bunch fresh coriander washed
- 4 Cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 1” Cube fresh ginger, washed – peel on
- 1 Jalapeno, whole
- 3 Limes, juiced
- ½ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper
- Separate the drumsticks and thighs of the chicken legs. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Place the coriander, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, olive oil and lime juice in a food processor or blender and mix until well combined. This mixture doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth.
- Toss the chicken legs in the marinade and mix well to ensure all areas are covered. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate prior to grilling.
- Liberally season your chicken thighs with flaked sea salt and pepper. Place your chicken on the grill set to medium-high temperature around 300F. Rotate your chicken every 10-15 minutes to ensure even cooking and colouring until fully cooked (internal temperature of 165F) and the skin is nicely crisp and charred. This should take about 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh lime and coriander as desired. Serve with your favourite side dishes.